Thursday, October 9, 2014

Week 1: A few words

Well, I'm new at this. Even though I have visited and read tons of blogs, I had never created a blog before (or posted in one). So it's a completely new experience to me. And I love it! It's easy, it's simple and user-friendly, and it can be very useful. I feel very excited about posting in this blog each week. I know already it will enhance my learning experience.

I think blogs are very powerful tools for teaching. They are the perfect environment to make students participate and engage in a topic. Plus, they come handy to assess a student's writing skills as well.

Blogs are an invitation to express opinions and points of view. Furthermore, a blog is capable of triggering new ideas among its particiant bloggers.

I'm really looking forward to applying this online resource to my own classes!



4 comments:

  1. Hi there!

    I agree that is something new for a few of us, but the thing is we should be creative in teaching sphere, shouldn't we?

    Good luck!
    Zulyar Kavashev
    Kazakhstan, Almaty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great!! Nice post... All though I think all our blogs look similar heheheh.... I guess it's the beginning but later we'll be able to personalize it more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sergio, following your advice, I've just customized my blog. The background is a picture I took when I was visiting Bariloche, a gorgeous tourist destination in the south of my country.

      Delete
  3. Hello, I am Eun Hee Kim from South Korea. You can call me Erica.
    Anyway as you are, I'm new at blggoing as well.
    I'm so excited to run my own blog and share some imformation with other peopel. I totally agree that this activity might well be beneficial for the class!
    See you again!

    ReplyDelete