Sunday, November 16, 2014

Week 6: Project Step 5 "Implementing the change"


Hello again!

This week's project task was to implement the technological changes or ideas we planned last week.

Two of the resources that I chose last week, and which will be part of my project to motivate students and change their attitude towards the learning of English are: 

http://lyricstraining.com/   and   https://www.blogger.com 

What I did this week was to introduce my students to Lyrics in Training. First, I shared the link with them and described the site. Then, I explained to them why it will be useful for our classes and how it works. After that, I listed the different ways in which they can take advantage of the site by doing something they really enjoy; i.e, listen to their favourite music. Finally, I asked them to register at Lyrics in Training so they can keep track of their results and focus on their weak points.

The students' first reaction to the site was one of interest and wonder. Also, they felt very excited about the possibility of working with their favorite bands and singers. They wanted to start playing right away!

I feel really positive about these results. I hope that my students feel the same way!

They didn't have time to create a blog yet. Besides, I wanted them to become familiar with one site at a time. So this will probably be next week's activity.

Greetings,
Lore from Argentina

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lore,

    Thank you for sharing final project experiences with everyone! I know your students are going to love Lyrics in Training.

    It's a wise decision to only introduce one new technology at a time. You don't want to overwhelm your students. They will be more successful in using the tools, if you give them more time to acquaint themselves with each.

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete