Sunday, November 16, 2014

Week 6: Technology tools for creating student-centered classes


Hi bloggers!

This week's main topic was the use of  technology tools for creating student-centered classes and engaging students especially in large classrooms.

Among the many tools I found interesting and useful, I'd like to point out the following:

- Todays Meet, a chat platform which facilitates interactive participation among teachers and learners.

Blogs, which give students the opportunity to read one another's ideas. And responding to one another engages them in the creation of knowledge.

- Voki, which gives teachers and students the possibility of creating customized speaking characters.

Whatever the tool or resource we choose to engage our students, it should be one that encourages them to participate actively in their learning experiences.

All the best,
Lore from Argentina

2 comments:

  1. Hello Lore.
    I was also interested in the site Voki and I want to implement it, but I understood you have to pay an amount to have your Avatar available for use and for other websites as well. I hope you can give me some feedback and suggestions on how to implement it and what your personal experience using this tool has been.
    Greetings from Bolivia.
    Sergio

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sergio,

    I haven't implemented Voki in my classes yet. I didn't know a payment is required to use it... I'll do some research about this and let you know what I find out.

    Lore

    ReplyDelete